June 18, 2008
Hiya Family!
I just got the vignettes mom and I almost started bawling. It is truly inspiring hearing those stories and hearing how they never lost their faith in God. It would be so easy to give up hope because of all that they endured but they never did. There are so many times in our lives where we complain about being cold, having to walk so far, etc and then we say well, the pioneers had to walk such such miles and a lot of them were barefoot and freezing. It wasn't until I read those stories that it really hit me. We may not be living in the "pioneer days" but surely if they could endure walking thousands of miles in the freezing cold, pulling handcarts, some walking without toes and enduring so many deaths of family members and still having faith in God, then I can endure all my tough days. It won't ever be easy, but it will be worth it. So, that's what I've been working on. Developing my faith in God and really trusting in him and trying to realize "thy will be done".
It sounds like you guys had an amazing experience on the trek. I hope you wrote every single thing in your journal because that's something you won't ever want to forget. Those feelings you felt while trekking and how your testimonies were strenthened.
Things are going okay for me. We've had a lot of dropped appointments, so teaching wise, there isn't much happening. C won't be able to get baptized for another 4-5 months because we have to wait for his and J's divorces to be finalized and then they are planning on getting married right away. But he's still standing firm in his testimony and J's 100% supporting him. They are truly a great example to me. We're meeting with M and N and we're going to talk about eternal marriage. We talked with them about eternal families yesterday and I don't think they truly understand the significance and importance of that ordinance. Hopefully, they'll have that desire to get married about our lesson and we can plan for a date for them to get married. Keep them in your prayers though, because they are struggling as a couple. Things with C and going so so. She was supposed to come to church, but work called her in. She's supposedly getting baptized in 2 weeks, but she has yet to come to church. So, there's a possibility we might have to delay the baptism and see how committed she truly is. We told her we don't want her to be baptized and then never come to church. If we have to be teaching her everyday, so be it. We don't have any new investigators yet, but we are praying like crazy that we can get one. We are forever finding!!!!
Some funny/interesting stories:We were knocking doors the other day and we met a Viking! Yes, there are still Vikings on the earth. From what we could understand of him because he was missing all of his bottom teeth, he's like the Vikings back in the days. Pretty scary!As you know, we ride the buses everywhere and it just so happened that one of the buses we were riding, a drag queen was driving the bus. It was absolutely hilarious! She/he was very nice and we actually rode with she/he last night when we were coming home. Just never thought I'd see that.
Oh, transfers are next Wednesday. I'm 99.9% sure me and Sister McCoy will both be staying. So, it's the next transfer that I'll have bigger news. And the new mission president comes in June 30 (?) and will offically be our president July 2nd. He has a 16 year old daughter who will be joining them a couple weeks later.
So... me and Sister McCoy decided that we are going to make Fourth of July shirts because we'll be going to the zoo that day. Here's what we would like... if you find any cheap 4th of july earrings for both of us it would be much appreciated. Not cute, tiny ones though. If you do find some, send them in a letter to our flat (cuz if you send it in a package to the mission office we won't get it for another 3-4 weeks!) That's everyone's goal for the week! We want to be all decked out!
I'm going to do my best to get a picture cd sent to you this week and a couple of other things. I just can't find a place that will except our swipe cards. They all either take their chip/pin cards or cash and I can't exactly get cash right now. I'll keep trying though.
Love you all so much!
I'll try and be better about sending letters!
Love walsy (?)
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment