Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Lake Districts

June 11, 2008 - Still no new pictures :o(

Hey everyone!

I'll be short because I am limited on time today, but for P-day a member couple took me and Sister McCoy to the Lake Districts today from 10:00-14:00. It was beautiful! We just explored the little town of Grasmere where the poet William Wadsworth lived and wrote. You'll have to see if you can check it out on Google Earth. They want to take us again another P-day! They are a very nice couple.

Things are really picking up here in Blackpool from all of our street contacting and door knocking! We've picked up at least 10 investigators off the streets this last week and made appointments with 7 of them, but either they give us the "wrong" address and # or they decide at the last minute they are not interested, so we're trying to make it clear that if they are not interested to let us know because basically our time is precious and we have to walk everyone because the buses are unreliable. But we do have 4 appointments set up this week with potential investigators. I pray everything we'll work out and we'll be able to continue teaching them. We found 4 all on one street within 20 minutes! The Lord's has definitely had a hand in our work and I'm so grateful for that.

The investigators we have now are doing really good. C is still dated for baptism June 28, but we have to work out some Law of Chastity issues, so he may have to wait longer to get baptized. We just dated C for baptism July 5 and within a week she was done smoking and drinking! She's absolutely amazing and really has that desire to get baptized. She's coming with us to church for the first time on Sunday. Then we have a couple, M and N, who have such strong testimonies. They would get baptized this week if they could, but we're trying to work on them getting married and they still have some Word of Wisdom issues. Hopefully we can set a baptism date within the month. I'm praying like crazy for them!

Well, I have to go, but I want you all to know that I love you and I'm truly grateful for all the support you have given me. Continue reading your scriptures every day and praying and I know you will notice a big change in your day. It's the best!

Love always,
Sister Kelsey Hogge

No comments: