June 4, 2008
Hello Family and Friends!
This week has been pretty good. Unfortunately appointments we set up last week, a lot of people canceled or they just weren't there when we came around, which meant we went out street tracting or knocking on doors. I think we spent more time doing those two things this week than we have the previous weeks. It's not easy because we are always getting rejected, even as sisters, and people are constantly saying they are content with their religion or they don't believe there is a God. But we are staying positive and we are definitely fertlilizing all of Blackpool : )
We had an encounter yesterday on the street with this man who knows about us, read part of the Book of Mormon and has studied other religions. Unfortunately it just led into him arguing with us for 45 minutes. He believes that because he accepted Christ he will be saved because Christ atoned for our sins. He doesn't fully understand the fact that we are required to do our part too. It's not just about believing in Christ, it involves acting upon what he as asked to do. We were very bold with him, telling him that he can't be saved just by doing that and he needs to be baptized, that is the only way. But he's a born again Christian and would not hear a word we said. I must admit I was very agitated, but then I realized how grateful I am for the knowledge that I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that we do have the full truth.
Things are still the same with our investigators. We're going to be dating two of them this week and beginning of next week, so I just pray they'll have that desire to be baptized and if they do we have some Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom issues to work out then. We're gaining the ward members trust back now. I guess we are really making progress in the ward and the members are seeing just how much we care about them and we really are there to serve them and move the missionary work along. But we have set up appointments to see 8 member families this week. Our goal is to teach every family all of the lessons in Preach My Gospel.
Me and Sister McCoy had the opportunity to teach Sunday School on the Sacrament. My testimony has increased immensely on the sacrament and the importance of partaking it every Sunday! We need to be there every Sunday so that we can partake of the Sacrament. The Sacrament is a time to renew our covenants with our Heavenly Father that we made it baptism. It's also a time to think about the Savior and what he did for us. I find a lot of times I get distracted, due to babies crying or just thinking about what we have to do that day or what's coming up this week. The Savior has asked that we partake of the sacrament to remember him. He bled at every pore and loved us all enough to suffer so intensely that we can not even begin to imagine the depth of that pain. He died on the cross and was resurrected the third day. He overcame sin and death for us. I like to contemplate during the sacrament how much he suffered just for me and it really proves to me each time just how much Christ loves us and is always there for us. I would admonish that everyone take that time during the sacrament to remember our Savior and what he did for us. Read scripture passages, read a hymn, but try and focus your thoughts on him.
I love you all so very much and congratulations to Andrew and Brooke on their calls. That is so awesome and I am so excited for you two. I know without a doubt you will be great and just remember to stay positive and that everyone is praying for you and you truly can do anything.
Love,
Sister Kelsey Hogge
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment