It's been awhile since I've written! I moved to my first area last Wednesday, in Blackpool. Blackpool is one of the top tourist places in Europe (so I've heard) and it's definitely a party town. I love it here and it's really pretty, especially right by the ocean, but night time is dangerous and we have to stay away from the town centre because there are so many bad parties going on. My trainer is Sister McCoy; she's from Washington State and has been here a year come June. She's awesome and as the days progress we're becoming better friends and I'm learning a lot from her.
(Sister Hogge with her first companion Sister McCoy)
I absolutely love finally being out in the mission field. You know I find it all comes moderately easy for me. I mean I still have so much to learn and how we go about doing things, but I'm not afraid to do anything. I've really put my trust in the Lord and know that he will help me. So, I've been knocking on a quite a bit of doors, no success. Been bus and train tracting and no success still, but I have made people happy and have definitely planted lots of seeds : ) By the way, I ride buses everywhere and when we have to go to zone conference or somewhere outside of Blackpool we take the train. It's actually kind of fun, but we still have yet to get the bus system down and figure out where the stops are. My trainer and I are whitewashing into the area, so we're new and trying to meet ward members and reach the less-actives. Hopefully in the next week or two we'll have met everyone.
Right now we're teaching four investigators, that were from the previous elders. They've been taught for awhile, so they either need to start making commitments or we may unfortunately have to drop them. It's hard whitewashing because we don't know them and what they've been taught and what they are like because the previous elders didn't keep records of anything. So, basically we're starting from the beginning, but that's okay. I still love it and we are keeping so busy that some days we have to grab lunch and tea on the go. By the way, tea is dinner.
Well, I love you all, and I'll have more to tell you when we start picking up more people. I love this gospel with all my heart and I know without a doubt it's true. Salvation only comes through Jesus Christ and it's so important we are repenting daily and striving our best to keep the commandments.
Here's a link to the map of her area:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=blackpool,+england&ie=UTF8&ll=53.795702,-3.043599&spn=0.024031,0.058022&t=h&z=14&iwloc=addr
No comments:
Post a Comment