May 10th, 2008
My wonderful family and friends!
I have only 3 days left in the MTC and then I'm headed out to the mission field. I absolutely can't wait!! While I've learned a lot here and my testimony has grown immensely I'm excited to talk to real investigators and just become part of the area I'll be serving in next week. I met my Mission President and his wife on Wednesday. They came and had dinner with us and answered any questions we might have. Counting the 6 sister missonaries that are with me in the MTC right now going to the Manchester Mission, there will be 20 of us total and they're are around 120 elders. Never thought there would come a time when there were more boys than girls : ) President Jacobsen is really nice and so is his wife, but they will be done in July.
The weather has been really nice this last week. It has rained at all and in fact we've had to have fans on and windows open all day because it's so hot and a little humid. I'm not complaining though because it's absolutely gorgeous when it's sunny like this and that means the last three days we've had sports we've been playing football (aka soccer) and we go for walks into town all the time. By the way, I'm not going to lie I've been working on my mad football skills. It's funny, the elders just assume sisters can't play, especially the British elders, but the last 2 weeks that I've been playing I've had 3 elders come up to me and tell me that I'm better than a lot of the elders out on the field. Don't worry my head won't explode from all the compliments, but it sure built my confidence up, which isn't always a good thing : )
The food here has just been getting better the last week and a half. The first 8 or so days consisted of me and Sister Holtz eating toast or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The food just doesn't have much flavor and it looked gross. But it's gotten better and plus I think I've just learned to deal with it. Though a lot of the British elders have said that the food isn't anything like what they've been cooking for us, it's much better. I won't complain anymore though because it could be a lot worse.
We just watched this DVD by Jeffrey R. Holland today talking to the missionaries at the Provo MTC. He did such a good job. He talked to the missionaries about being obedient and doing God's work his way. He said: "If the only person you convert on your mission is yourself thats great. You need to convert yourself before anyone else!" He just talked about the importance of realizing what exactly we are doing. We're are teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and we need to show the people how much it means to us and how much the spirit has touched our lives and how it can touch theres. It was a good devotional to watch just before we leave because it made me realize that I need to be bold! Not be afraid of committing anyone to coming to church or being baptized. They should want to commit to those things after we have taught them because they felt the spirit so strongly. So, I'm determined and I know with the Lord I can do all things!
I want you all to know that I love this gospel so much! I have never prayed and born my testimony so much in my entire life than I have done in these last 16 days. We pray before we study, before class, before role playing, before sports, before mealtimes, before our nightly planning, before devotionals, lectures. We are constantly praying and bearing our testimony almost each time too. I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father like I do now. And it will only continue getting better. I know that by remaining worthy and really listening the Spirit will help you in all things. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins so that I can return to my Father in Heaven and live with him once again. He was the only one that could do it and suffered so intensely that at one point he asked the father to remove the bitter cup, yet he knew that he needed to do it. What an amazing thing it is to know that Savior loved me so much that he was willing to suffer all my pains, sins, temptations and all things that would cause me sorrow. I know that I can always turn to him and he will ALWAYS be there for me. He definitely has been there for me these last 16 days.
I love you guys so much and I'm so eternally grateful to all of you! It has really helped me knowing that I have so much love and support back home. I can't wait to email you guys next and let you know how it is actually being out in the mission field and who my trainer is and exactly where I'm serving. Love you all! Cheers!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment